How can we help you?
Dr. Sigman spends a lot of time educating patients about their oral health so they have clear understanding of their treatment needs, and we always welcome questions from our patients. All of our staff are well versed in their specialties and are happy to answer any questions you may have from what floss to use all the way to how the insurance claims process works.
Here are a few of the questions we hear the most. If your question is not answered here, feel free to give us a call.
Typically a new patient appointment will last 1.5 hours
- If you are able to login and complete your paperwork in your patient portal prior to your visit then we ask that you arrive 5 minutes prior to your first.
- If you are unable to complete your paperwork online for any reason it’s okay, we just ask that you arrive at your appointment no less than 15 minutes early to complete your paperwork.
- Your insurance card
- Your Drivers License
- Please have any x-rays taken within the last 12 months to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your visit
- It is important to us to provide you with the best dental care possible. In order to do that we need to verify that our office is in network with your insurance plan. The only way to be 100% positive of this is to call your insurance company and provide them with a whole host of information and they will tell us if we are considered part of your network.
- If we are unable to obtain your insurance information prior to your visit and you choose to move forward with your dental appointment you may experience some unexpected out of pocket expenses if it is discovered that we are out of network with your insurance after your appointment has already begun.
- In some instances we will need a social security number to verify your benefits. This is because your insurance provider uses this information to verify your identity with them.
- During your new patient appointment we will take x-rays, complete a comprehensive exam, and if a candidate- provide you with a healthy mouth prophylaxis cleaning.
- If, during your exam, you are diagnosed with gum disease or periodontitis, we will then schedule your cleaning out to allow for enough time to complete the cleaning and discuss your diagnosis and what it means for you.
- Any additional treatment that you may need, like restorative work, implants, or the need for a referral, will be discussed at this time.
- We can also talk about any work that you may be interested in, like Invisalign or cosmetic work like veneers or teeth whitening.
X-rays are an invaluable tool that help our dentist see what’s happening internally in your mouth.
We recommend that you have x-rays taken once per year. These images help detect dental issues such as tooth decay in its earliest stages that may not be found during a visual examination and long before you may be aware of it or experience any type of pain. They’re available for review immediately, this provides us the opportunity to discuss your needs and make recommendations during your first appointment, and allows you to be proactive about your oral health and take care of any problems before they become bigger and more costly issues.
At Performance Dental Center, we use digital x-rays, which emit 80% less radiation than traditional x-rays. In fact, you’re more likely to receive more radiation from a day spent rock climbing or hiking out in the Boulder sunlight or even eating a banana than you would from dental x-rays.
Digital x-rays are better for the environment as there are no longer harsh chemicals needed to develop them. It’s also easier to share the digital images with other pertinent providers or your insurance, if necessary.
Digital x-rays are safe, and they help our patients have a more pleasant and exceptional experience and make educated decisions about their oral health.
A Few things to remember regarding your first visit and the need for x-rays
- We must have x-rays on file that are no more than 1 year old.
- If you have had x-rays taken within the last year we may be able to use those. This will depend on the quality of the x-ray and if we are able to obtain them prior to your first visit with us.
- We must have the x-rays prior to your first visit. If we do not receive them before your visit we will have to take new ones and this may cause an out of pocket cost to you if insurance will not cover them.
- You may fill out a release of information form in your online portal or you may have your previous office send them directly to and then forward them on to our office email email@example.com
- X-rays can be skipped but only if there is a medical reason ie: Pregnancy, radiation therapy, or a written doctor’s note stating why and when you may have them taken again.
That is ok! We promise you are not alone in this. Whether it is because of anxiety and fear, life in general, or even a lack of insurance that has kept you from seeing a dentist please know…. We are here for you. We want to get you back on track and help you in getting your smile healthy and we are honored that you chose to partner with us to do that! We are here for you every step of the way and offer several options for anxiety, insurance, and even extended hours if scheduling is the problem.